HOBBIES

Hello all,

Being human is unique because we are not restricted to making efforts for our appetite and sleep only but we have to feed our mind and soul for their refreshment. For this very reason, we have an urge to select some hobbies for self-satisfaction. People around us have many hobbies such as games, cooking, gardening, keeping pets, hiking, socializing, gossip, chatting, movies, and many more. Obviously, android games are ahead of all and have made many people addicted.

Hobbies are necessary for us in order to spend our spare time in some positive way as we all know “Empty mind is a devil’s workshop”. With the change in our routines, many things have changed. Once tickets and coin collecting were very popular hobbies for many. In my school days, there was an old man sitting outside our school with three to four albums of tickets in his lap. Many boys including one of my friends, Asif, were keen to sit there and search for something new to elaborate their collections. There were commitments to bring more unique stamps and exchange was also a routine. Many of them had so many, that they could exchange them for a handsome amount of money but that was just a hobby and not for financial needs. I had also collected some of them but they never caught my interest. I had at that time collected some rare coins that were with me for a long but after shifting two to three places, I have misplaced them.

Music has always been my passion, I never cared for the type of music and whatever attracted me was my favorite. Still, my choice is the same, I like the classics of Mehdi Hassan, Iqbal Bano, Teena Sani, Fareeda Khanum, Manna Day, and the popular Alamgir, Nazia Hassan, Zohaib, Junoon, Noori, and many more. Film singers are countless like Madam Noor Jahan, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, Nayyara Noor, Naheed Akhtar, Mehnaz, Shreya Ghoshal, Arijit Singh, and many more. English songs were also on my favorite list but they were discontinued right after my first job because there was no one to share and after some time, I left to hear them regularly. There are very few like, Boney M tracks, Last Christmas I gave you my heart, I just want to say I love you, Titanic’s every time, Waka Waka, Justin Bieber’s Baby, etc. Being specified in music is difficult for me and all types help me to change my mood. I am never the type to listen to sad songs in a heavy mood but I always try to break my temper. “Ghazals” are the only type of music that is not popular with people around me but I love to listen anytime. My favorite is from Abida Parveen, Mehdi Hassan, Jagjeet Singh or Iqbal Bano. The most favorite form of music is “Sufi” and “Folk” both are popular internationally.

Gardening is a hobby that is identified mostly for retired persons but I took this interest from my late mother. She loved to gather some typical types of plants and trees in our home. There were Roses, Jasmine, Guava, Grapes, and some vegetables in our kitchen garden. Afterward, my friend Asif also polished my interest and I am still fond of gardening. It is a good use of spare time and also gives satisfaction when you see your hard work has become fruitful in the shape of a beautiful flower, a lush green tree, or the organic kitchen garden. The Internet is a good tutor and anyone can start it anytime with all the tutorials available on YouTube or any other social site.
DIYs (Do it yourself) are also very helpful in choosing new interests. People share their experiences in a simple way and help others to adopt new ideas. We should choose only specified and simple tutorials and try to avoid difficult ones at the start. According to me, a difficult procedure will lose the interest of a beginner but a little time-consuming idea will develop the curiosity. Lengthy procedures are helpful but in later stages.
Well, many of us already have our choices. Choose something different, a few for self-satisfaction, some for creation, many to relive your daily life, and a lot for human betterment. Charity and welfare are also very helpful for inner satisfaction. There are many needy around us, looking for our attention, so try to come ahead. The choice is yours as it is your life.

Best regards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PSL - FINALLY THE MOST AWAITED EVENT AT LAHORE

SUPERSTITION

ARTICLE WRITING